Hellllooooo! We are back at it again. Another one of my sister’s recipes to share. Yaaaay! If you thought the “Turon” recipe was easy, this one is even easier. 🙂 [If you haven’t seen the Turon recipe yet and are curious, the link will be provided at the end of this blog entry.] BUT back to what I was saying, today’s recipe is for Shrimp Ceviche. Super easy and delicious.
What is Ceviche?
Per the online Merriam Webster dictionary, ceviche “is a dish made of raw fish marinated in lime or lemon juice, often with oil, onions, peppers, and seasonings….” This dish is mostly served as an appetizer, but can be enjoyed any time of day.
Now, if you are like me or my sister, we are not big fans of raw fish, but we ARE big fans of seafood, especially shrimp (cooked shrimp, ha!), hence the Shrimp Ceviche recipe. It may not be like the traditional dish, but it sure is delicious.
Also before we begin, I wanted to add that when my sister and I cook, we don’t really measure out ingredients; we kind of throw things together and season to taste. What we DO provide in our recipes are the basics of what you’ll need to create a tasty dish. We think the best thing about our recipes, is that it can be adjusted as needed, to your liking. 🙂
So, let’s begin! What will you need?
- 2 large bowls (baking bowls will work)
- 10-15 cooked shrimp or how ever many you desire. (frozen cooked shrimp okay-any size- you will be able to chop them as little or as large as you want after they have been thawed and/or warmed) ***you can also use raw shrimp, just prepare and cook first.
- 1 package of imitation crab-flake style- pull apart to make smaller pieces
- 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped) (optional if you are not a fan of it)
- 2 Serrano peppers (diced-you can take the seeds out if you don’t want it too spicy 🙂 )
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1 medium red onion (diced)
- 1 large cucumber (diced)
- 2 TBSP lemon or lime juice
- salt/pepper to taste
1. Cook shrimp if raw. When cooked, or if using precooked shrimp, dice into whatever size you want and set aside in one bowl.
2. Dice peppers, onion, cucumber, tomato and combine with the imitation crab into the other bowl.
3. Chop cilantro (optional) and add to bowl of veggies/crab
4. Add shrimp to the bowl of veggies/crab
5. Add 2 TBSP of lemon OR lime juice and season with salt/pepper to your liking.
6. Mix together, taste, add more lemon or lime juice and seasoning as needed
7. Voila! You have Shrimp Ceviche!
*you can serve with tortilla chips
*maybe even tacos!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for reading.,
***Turon recipe link: https://daysofmyhives.com/2019/06/06/turon-anyone-deliciously-satisfying-banana-treat/